With the growing concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the potential impact on business operations across the globe, Managing Director Steve Durbin would like to update you on how we at the ISF are responding. Please read our statement here >
CISO COVID-19 Resource Pack
Cybersecurity in a defining moment in history
Helping cyber professionals and business leaders adapt to the challenges ahead and manage the surrounding risk, the ISF CISO COVID-19 Resource Pack includes the ISF CISO Briefing: COVID-19 Response which explores important factors that affect an organisations’ risk profile and introduces a set of response recommendations while combatting the effects of COVID-19 on businesses worldwide.
Download your CISO COVID-19 Resource Pack here >
Top Tips for the CISO: Beyond COVID-19
To stay relevant, organisations need to reinvent themselves and adapt to a hybrid environment that places greater dependence on remote workers and external parties.
This has security implications for today and tomorrow. These tips provide key considerations for the CISO during and beyond the current crisis.
Download our Top Tips for the CISO: Beyond COVID-19 poster here >
Top Tips for Using Cloud Services Securely in the COVID-19 Era
Reliance on cloud services has become a critical lifeline for organisations. Many are increasing their cloud workloads, while others are fast-forwarding their move to the cloud.
Top Tips for Human-Centred Security in the Home Working Environment
Mass remote working brought about by COVID-19 will increase the potential for human error due to a range of factors, including uncertainty, workload and heightened levels of stress. It also provides the opportunity for attackers to successfully manipulate human behaviour to compromise information security.
Top Tips for Supply Chain Security During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The COVID-19 pandemic has placed immense pressure on the supply chain. With resources stretched and stability of the chain weakened, a primary concern for organisations is the availability of services.
Top Tips to Prepare for Cyber Threats in the COVID-19 Era
The ISF Threat Radar is a visual aid created to accompany the Threat Horizon reports that can be leveraged by organisations to assess the impact of COVID-19 on the threat landscape. These ISF tips can help you to make the best use of the ISF Threat Radar.
Top Tips for Homeworking
The COVID-19 outbreak has turned many regular office goers and commuters into home workers. They have been thrust into an environment that is both familiar and strange that can pose novel risks for both staff and their employers. These Information Security Forum top tips can make your experience more safe and secure
How the ISF Supports you in Addressing the DFS NY COVID-19 Cyber Risks Awareness Guidances
The New York State Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) has issued guidance to Regulated Entities regarding cybersecurity awareness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To support regulated entities as they continue to operate and provide critical services, the ISF has created a mapping between the risk areas listed below and the ISF research and tools that can help you to meet the DFS cybersecurity regulation, 23 NYCRR Part 500
Research and tools
We have broken our Research and Tools into sub-categories so you can easily find the most suitable guidance to suit your current needs.
Managing the Changing Working Environment
The impact of the COVID-19 virus has resulted in an unprecedented explosion in working from home. With this fundamental change in the working environment comes new risks.
- Managing BYOD Risk: Staying ahead of your mobile workforce
- Human-Centred Security: Addressing psychological vulnerabilities
Protecting Business as Usual
As remote working becomes the new norm, there is an opportunity to retest established continuity procedures and ensure that staff are familiar with how they apply in the new working environment
- The ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security 2018
- Protecting the Crown Jewels: How to secure mission-critical assets
- Delivering an Effective Cybersecurity Exercise
Understanding the Growing Risk
In the context of a global pandemic, the risk lens inevitably turns to its immediate impact on business operations and the wellbeing of staff, however it is important to maintain vigilance of the risks associated with cyber. They haven’t gone away and, in some cases, may be more acute.
- Securing the Supply Chain: Preventing your suppliers’ vulnerabilities from becoming your own
- Supplier Security Evaluation (SSE)
- Managing Insider Threat: Improving trustworthiness
Communicating with the Board
With organisations under pressure, clear and succinct communication around the changing cyber risk is an imperative.
Looking to the Future
In unusual times it is perhaps difficult to think beyond the short term. However, when this pandemic is over, there will be a need to reset the organisation and adapt to the new future and the cyber risks that this will bring.
- Threat Horizon 2021: The digital illusion shatters
- Threat Horizon: Futureproofing your organisation’s cybersecurity
Podcasts and Webinars
- COVID-19: Top Security Tips for Working From Home
- TEISS with Steve Durbin: How to manage the supply chain during COVID-19
- Nicholas Witchell & Steve Durbin: Cyber in Society
- Colonel Chris Hadfield – An Astronaut’s Guide to Managing Risk
- Human-Centred Security – Managing Human Vulnerabilities
- Human-Centred Security – Exploiting Human Vulnerabilities
- Human-Centred Security – The Insider Threat
- Embedding Cyber Hygiene into the Organisation
- VS Subrahmanian – Cyber Security and the Individual
- Jon Fisher – Thnk Before you Click
- Emma Bickerstaffe – The Evolving Security Operations Centre
- Webinar – Tuesday 12th May – Cloud Security 101: Securing Employees in the Office or at Home
- Webinar – On-demand – Phishing and Email Security: Effectively Managing Human Vulnerabilities
- Webinar – On-demand – Emerging Cyber Threats for 2020
Blogs and press
- The Impact of Coronavirus on the Threat Landscape
- Risk Management, Insider Threats and Security Leaders in the Age of COVID-19
- The Privacy-Security Balance in Digital Surveillance: Lessons from COVID-19
- If Remote Working is the New Norm, How Do We Do it Securely
- FBI: COVID-19 Themed Business Email Compromise Scams Surge
- Nearly 10 Million People Filled for Unemployment in the US: What Does it Mean for the Cybersecurity and IT Workforce
- COVID-19 Poll Results: One in Four Prioritize Health Over Privacy
- The Long-Term Impacts of #COVID19 on the Cybersecurity Industry
- The Short-Term Impacts of #COVID19 on the Cybersecurity Industry
- Impact of Coronavirus Outbreak on Early Stage Venture Investment in Cybersecurity
- As coronavirus spreads, cybersecurity staff contend with increasing attacks, remote workers
- 15 Coronavirus Online Scams to Watch Out For
- COVID-19 Spurs Facial Recognition Tracking, Privacy Fears
- COVID-19: Top 10 Cyber Security Tips for Homeworking
- Security Think Tank: To tackle COVID-19, be prepared, flexible and resilient
- Use the human-centered approach for smarter security and compliance teams
- Overcoming the cyber security challenges of the cloud
- European Electricity Association confirms hackers breached its office network
- No Time for Complacency: Watch your back on biometrics, compliance, and insider threats
Become a member
If you are interested in utilising ISF Membership, please complete the information below and an ISF representative will contact you shortly.