Andy Jones, Distinguished Analyst at the ISF will be speaking at the PETRAS Securing the Future: Supply Chains event at 14:00 GMT on Monday 7th December 2020.
Geopolitical events and COVID-19 continue to disrupt local and global supply chains, meaning resilience and agility in this sector is needed now more than ever.
Many businesses will be turning to intelligent supply chain solutions enabled by the convergence of technologies such as IoT, AI, Machine Learning and 5G. Trends in offshore manufacturing mean high-value and sensitive design data is being transmitted across the globe.
With these technologies come opportunities, but also new threats.
In this webinar you will hear from academic, industry and government leaders who will discuss the impacts of these global changes on supply chains in the shipping, pharmaceutical and food industries.
The event will cover topics such as:
- The opportunities and challenges posed by the shortening of supply chains
- How do businesses ensure provenance and trustworthiness when sourcing technologies?
- With remote manufacturing, how can the security and provenance of high-value data flows between design and manufacturing locations be assured?
- Notions of privacy and trust that arise from intelligent solutions
- Does the increase in adoption of these new technologies pose increased cyber threats?
This event is organised by The PETRAS National Centre of Excellence for IoT Systems Cybersecurity in collaboration with the Institute for Engineering Technology.