Imagine, like Arthur Dent, that you have to deal with rapid change brought on by forces beyond your control. In this talk we’ll look at how cybersecurity has had its “Earth” demolished to make way for a “DevOps bypass” and how security can and will adapt to this new future.
This talk uses Douglas Adams’ book The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy as a basis to provide both structure and entertainment. Roughly following the book’s plot, we’ll showcase how cybersecurity has had its world turned upside down and how processes in this new world sometimes appear to be counterintuitive. In this way, we’ll examine how DevOps, cloud native computing, and agile ways of working can be used by security teams to adapt and improve their cybersecurity technology and outcomes even though they might initially seem very alien.
We’ll pepper the talk with actionable ideas for teams to embrace and enhance the security of their organizations.
- Understand that cybersecurity expertise is needed more than ever in cloud native environments. Once thought of as “blockers,” security teams are now actually business enablers.
- Appreciate that security leaders have to learn to automate and operate more efficiently or be overwhelmed. With the right technology in place, it’s possible to scale security teams as needed to be able to respond to any and all threats.
- Get excited about this new way of working – having gone through a DevOps digital transformation with a financial services organisation, I’ll give senior cybersecurity leaders intel they can use to sidestep the pitfalls that usually accompany this level of change.
- Date: Wednesday 4th November
- Time: 11:00 BST
- Duration: 45 minutes including Q&A
- Presenter: Ashley Ward, Cloud CTO at Palo Alto Networks