Source: Infosec Island
04 Jan 2018
In the year ahead, businesses of all sizes must prepare for the unknown so they have the flexibility to withstand unexpected and high impact security events. To take advantage of emerging trends in both technology and cyberspace, businesses need to manage risks in ways beyond those traditionally handled by the information security function, since new attacks will most certainly impact both shareholder value and business reputation.
After reviewing the current threat landscape, there are five dominant security threats that we at the Information Security Forum believe businesses need to prepare for in 2018.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Crime-As-A-Service (CaaS) Expands Tools and Services
- The Internet of Things (IoT) Adds Unmanaged Risks
- Supply Chain Remains the Weakest Link in Risk Management
- Regulation Adds to Complexity of Critical Asset Management
- Unmet Board Expectations Exposed by Major Incidents