The digital revolution presents opportunities to identify and exploit the rising value of information. But this same value also attracts unwanted attention and the risk from adversaries is increasing in magnitude and complexity. To manage this risk, organisations must build a realistic view of the threats they face – their capabilities, intentions and actions.

Threat intelligence can provide this view and organisations recognise it: 82% of ISF Members surveyed have already developed a threat intelligence capability while the remaining 18% plan to invest over the next twelve months. However, only 25% of survey respondents believe their threat intelligence capability is fully delivering the expected business aims. Respondents cited a variety of inhibitors including confusion over definitions, purchase or production costs and difficulties turning threat intelligence into action.

The ISF Approach for Managing a Threat Intelligence Capability equips organisations to build and manage a capability that delivers tangible value. It explains three key concepts of effective threat intelligence and how they can be achieved using the intelligence cycle. Requirements-driven and skilfully produced through analysis, threat intelligence harnesses the expertise and experience of others to provide insight into past, present and predicted attacks against an organisation. This insight informs security decision making, enabling organisations to act.

Executive Summary & Press Release

Threat Intelligence: React and Prepare

Please fill out the form below to download a complimentary Executive Summary & Press Release.

Please provide your details to download this document:

The Information Security Forum (ISF) is a data controller for the personal data collected on this website.

For information on how we collect and use your personal data, please read our Privacy Notice.

From time to time, the ISF would like to contact you regarding our latest products, services and events.

By ticking the relevant boxes below, please indicate your preferences on how you want to be contacted:

You can update your preferences at any time, or withdraw consent after submission by going to the ‘Already Registered’ tab.

Please check this box to confirm that you have read and agree with our Privacy Policy and Terms Of Use

Please enter the email address you previously registered with to access the download:

You have previously downloaded from our website. For more information on how we use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.

Please refamiliarise yourself with our Terms Of Use.

To update your preferences on how you would like to be contacted by the ISF, please indicate below:

To unsubscribe from all ISF communications. Click here: